The Homeless Empowerment Project (HEP) is a not-for-profit corporation with an annual budget of $150,000 and five paid staff positions (all part-time). Every other week for the past 25 years, HEP has published Spare Change News, a street newspaper addressing issues of homelessness, poverty, and social justice in the Greater Boston area. HEP’s mission is to give the homeless a voice while providing them with opportunities to earn a supplemental income and gain valuable skills to improve their lives.
Working on with the Board of Trustees, the Treasurer will work closely with the HEP’s Bookkeeper, Executive Director, and fellow Board members to advise financial planning and the strategic direction of the organization.
- Prepare timely Treasurer Reports (monthly or quarterly for the Board meeting) that update the Board on the financial status of the organization
- Hold Finance committee meetings between Board meetings to review Treasurer Reports and proactively strategize to mitigate risks
- Plan annual FY budget and get approval from the Board
- Work with HEP’s Bookkeeper and Executive Director to keep current financial information and manage tax filings and other expenses
- Act as signatory when necessary
- Handle the organization’s financial assets with high regards and set a tone for the organization
Interested? Please email resume and cover letter:
Subject: Treasurer Search Committee, Homeless Empowerment Project
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients: James Shearer, Board President; David Riche, Treasurer