We rely on volunteers to help meet our mission. Current administrative volunteer opportunities include:
• On-call reporters to cover events and news stories. This position requires a background in journalism or writing.
• Editorial assistants edit copy in our Harvard Square office. This position requires a background in editing or writing.
• Artists provide pen-and-ink drawings to accompany articles. This position requires artistic or illustration experience.
• Database input input information into our electronic databases and generate “thank you” letters. This position requires experience with electronic databases.
• Marketers create and implement a plan to develop more awareness of the Homeless Empowerment Project and Spare Change News in the greater Boston area. This positions requires marketing, advertising, or communications experience.
• Grantwriters research and write grants. This position requiers funding, nonprofit development, or grantwriting experience.
• Serve on our Development Committee which plans and implements marketing and fundraising activities.
• Provide periodic support for fundraising activities such as assisting with mass mailings, helping at fundraising events, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email our executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org.